Henley Passport Index 2023
Henley Passport Index is the original, authoritative ranking of all the world’s passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa.
It is released by Henley & Partners, a global leader in residence and citizenship planning. The index includes 199 different passports and 227 different travel destinations.
- Singapore has replaced Japan for having the world’s most powerful passport, allowing visa-free entry to 192 global destinations.
- With visa-free access to 190 destinations, three European countries – Germany, Italy and Spain – share the second rank on the list.
- Japan, the previous top-rank holder, slipped down to the third rank. Japan shares the rank with Austria, Finland, France, Luxembourg, South Korea and Sweden.
- With 102, 103 and 104 ranks respectively, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are the world’s weakest passports.
- India ranked at 81th, allowing visa-free travel to 57 destinations. Indian passport holders need a visa to enter 177 destinations across the world. Pakistan is on the 101th spot.